Wednesday 29 February 2012

Reliance broadband User Review

I am Sachin Gupta (customer id no. 220509898672). I applied for reliance broadband and got the connection installed on 4th April 08. On 16th the outgoing calls through the fixed line phone stopped. On enquiring with the customer care, I was told that I ve used the data worth Rs 9000 and since my credit limit of Rs 4000 was crossed the outgoing calls were stopped. On analyzing the bill I found several discrepancies:
1) Person from Reliance installed the connection at about 5.45pmon 4th April and the PC was left on. No one used PC after he left but the usage shows uploaded data as 2.92 GB. I am not able to understand how can the data uploading start on its own when no was using PC.
2) Usage also shows that in span of 12 days data worth 8.3 GB was uploaded. This is something impossible as I never uploaded any data. I had chat only once on yahoo with web cam (2 mega pixel) on for 30 min.
3) When my credit limit was set as Rs 4000, then why I was informed only when the usage had reached Rs 9000. They should have terminated the connection immediately when the usage crossed Rs 4000.
4) Also there was a free data transfer worth 1GB and 50 free calls. The bill dated 11th April does not reflect the same. They should have deducted the usage for 7days on pro rata basis.
5) On contacting customer care they are not able to give any information of the uploaded data. The reply is always that I ve downloaded Rs9000 worth data and so has to pay the same.

This is how reliance is looting the customers and in the short span they are among Fortune 500 list


No comments:

Post a Comment